Study Permit

A Study Permit to Canada is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), which allows foreign students to pursue their studies at a Canadian designated learning institution for a defined period of time.

The designated learning institutions include colleges, universities, and technical vocational schools that have been specifically recognized by the Canadian Government to accept foreign students.

Eligibility criteria

To be eligible to apply for a Study Permit to Canada, an aspiring student must meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • A student must obtain an Acceptance Letter from a Designated Learning Institution;
  • Must obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec, if the student wishes to study in Montreal or the Province of Quebec;

Additional documents

In order to apply for a Study Permit to Canada, an applicant is required to submit a set of documents, which are as follows:

  • A valid passport;
  • Proof of adequate financial ability to support yourself financially during your stay in Canada, including your tuition fee and other expenses;
  • Be in good health because of IRCC may ask for a medical exam;
  • Bank statement;
  • Documentation of education loan from a financial institution

 *Note that these are the basic documents requirement.

How can Truwest help you?

Once a prospective student has all the required documents and meets all the eligibility criteria you are all set to apply for a Study Permit to Canada.
Our Immigration experts have deep and extensive knowledge which they have accumulated from processing thousands of study permit application.

Group of studying students sitting on grass with note books

Group of studying students sitting on grass with note books

Happy young Asian University student.

If studying in Canada is your dream, then follow the steps below to make it a reality:

Application to School

The first step towards applying for a Study Permit to Canada is to select a qualified school/program and obtain a letter of acceptance. This letter is issued by a Canadian educational institution stating that a person has been accepted into a program. To help you with that, Truwest will help you prepare your application to the school and the program of your choice.

Application for Quebec CAQ (if applicable)

After obtaining a Letter of Acceptance from the college/university, if you are planning to study in the province of Quebec, there are a few extra steps to getting your study permit to Canada. Quebec has its own independent immigration policies for international students. So, if you wish to study in Quebec you have to get a Certificate d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ). We will then make a CAQ application on your behalf.

A CAQ application is required only for Quebec.

Application for a Study Permit to Canada

After receiving an admission letter from the university and a CAQ (if applicable), we can then proceed with your application for a Study Permit to Canada. If you have any further queries, allow our Immigration Experts to guide you with the process and assure you the best possible outcome.